Friday, August 15, 2008

Bubbles








With the fun of moving comes the fun of bubble wrap! My kids have been having a ball whenever I open a new box and tear off the bubble wrap. Here are a couple of pictures of just a few of their bubble wrap parties. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of them running up and down and halls with bubble wrap laid out beneath them. It was pretty loud and exciting.

We are enjoying our new home so far. The kids asked me the first day, "Where are all the kids?" They're so used to our old street in Spanish Fork that was full of children running and playing. It is quieter here and the kids are around, I know, we've seen them at church, but I guess they stay indoors or in their own yards a bit more. Happily we have a pool just down the road that we've been too quite a bit. I am sooooo glad school starts next week so they can start meeting friends.

The other "bubble" pictures are my kids enjoying bubble baths. With Dad being gone all week, I've been trying to make the evenings fun. This particular evening was the end of a very emotional day for all of my kids, but especially Ellie. I figured she must've been tired, so I fed them a healthy dinner of pancakes with ice cream (one of David's specialties) and then put Ellie and Thomas in one tub and Jackson in the other. After a bubble bath and several bed time stories later, they all went to bed nice and early. The next morning Ellie was back to her cheerful self. Bubble baths and a good night of sleep can work wonders. I ought to try that for myself =)




9 comments:

Keri said...

I'll have to show this to Sydney. She'll love seeing a picture of Ellie!

Sharlynn said...

Oh I miss you guys. How fun. I think of you often and hope you are doing okay. It is so tough not to have a hubby around. Call me anytime.

Karen said...

We miss you guys so much! I wish that you were still here.

Anonymous said...

We miss you sooo much!!! I hope that you're enjoying Boise....it's not the same here without you guys. Let me know when you're back in town so we can get together. Give me a call anytime.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Meighan that last comment wasn't from Tyler...it was from me, Cheryl (I'm sure you could have figured that out on your own.)

Anonymous said...

Annie says,
"Ellie, I really miss you! You are one of my best friends and hope that you will always remember that. I hope that you will always be my best friend and I will be your best friend forever." BFF
(100% out of Annie's mouth)

Kris said...

It's looks like you are having a great time getting settled. Gotta love bubble wrap. Try this site!!!!

http://www.therightfoot.net/mystuff/whatever/swf/bubblewrap.swf

Kris said...

let me try that again

Bubble Wrap

Unknown said...

What cute kids! Gabe asked yesterday if he could invite them over to play and was so sad when I reminded him you guys were gone. We can't wait to see you over Labor Day!