Today was the first day of school!!!!! I think everyone at our house was thankful this day finally arrived. The kids were so excited. They woke up early and were ready to go extra early--this wil probably be the only day all year =) It was hard to leave my little Ellie all day. I kept imagining her crying and wanting Mommy, but she totally survived. She did have one little incident when the teacher lined everybody up after lunch and took them out to recess. Ellie wasn't finished eating yet and apparently didn't notice her entire class leave the building. After crying and being pretty panicked, some nice person took her back to her teacher. Poor Ellie, what a traumatic first day. Aside from that she loved everything else and even made some new friends. Hooray! Jackson said his first day was rather uneventful. His teacher said he can bring "healthy" treats to school so he thinks that is the best thing ever. I have a hard enough time coming up with lunches--now a healthy treat! As for me, I enjoyed a whole day with my hubby and baby. We ran lots of errands, went out for lunch, and I even managed to vacuum out my disgusting van. Ah, I think I could get used to this. I was, however, very excited to see my little ones at the end of school. There is nothing like happy children to make your heart lighter.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I miss those kiddos. Not like I saw you often, but I miss you guys. I am glad to hear that the first day went well. Poor Ellie though. How has it been since? I hope you guys are doing well. As for you not being able to make lunches...WHATEVER! You are amazing and I know that you can come up with a healthy snack too because you are great at things like that along with many more. DId any of this make sense? It is late and I am tired. Love you guys!!!!
What a cute little family! It's hard to send them all day. I kept imagining the same kind of stuff. We miss you guys. I was sure good to see you last weekend and we're looking forward to this coming weekend too!
Post a Comment