Friday, September 7, 2007

Laughter and PMS

This week two things have been made very clear to me. PMS is very real and laughter really does make most things better. I know that PMS is real because of the drastic extremes my emotions have gone through this week. Considering my history of mildly severe PMS, of which David can attest, I actually stayed in control pretty well this week. But I definitely struggled to keep a smiling face for a few of the days. Yesterday I decided to really work on laughing more and not sweating the small stuff, and I am proud to say that I had 8 children in my house for part of the day (1 baby and 2 two-year olds among them) and I actually laughed and enjoyed it for the most part. Aside from that, it's been a great week. Poor David has a gaping hole in his head (just kidding, it's pretty tiny) from having some moles removed, I spent two entire hours assembling a child's toy (no exaggeration), and Jackson had to make an emergency call home from school requiring new clothing (you all can guess why). So it's been a pretty eventful week, but a good one. We are blessed and I'm so glad to be a mom. Even during PMS, these kids make it all worth it. The trick for me is just remembering to laugh and enjoy the good moments. Luckily there are lots of those moments!

3 comments:

Sharlynn said...

When I read that you had 8 kids at your house I thought for a second were my kids over there? Uh, I don't know what I was thinking. Whose kids did you have and why? You survived. It sure was fun to see yougusy, but it is always fun to see you guys. I wish that we could see each other more often. I need to learn from your example and laugh more often.

Karma said...

I totally understand! Laughter can heal many wounds. It can take something that feels too horrible for words and make it bearable!! Plus, it just makes a regular much nicer when it is filled with laughter. THANKS for the reminder!

Sharlynn said...

Are you there? I keep on checking and checking your blog but no new post. How have you been? I am not sure I am going to make it tomorrow or not. I would love to hear or read about what is happening.