So, with the terrible cloud cover we can't seem to escape from and the complete lack of sunlight and subsequent cold, I am seriously starting to go crazy in my house. Ellie and I were pretty sick this week and I seriously didn't get out of my house a whole lot. After doing some necessary shopping today I returned home to find the kids glued to their video games or the computer and I almost wanted to cry. So, out of sheer desperation of lack of any other original idea, I voluntarily took my kids to Chuck-E-Cheese. This is not something I would normally do unless it is a birthday party or Karrie made me go (just kidding Karrie). And here is the saddest part of the whole story, I actually kind of enjoyed it. It was so nice to see the kids running around, having fun and not being stuck in our house. The really sad part is that in the end Ellie left the place crying because she only got a ring as a prize. She had to go to bed right after dinner for her ungratefulness. All I can say is, you know things have gotten pretty bad when you actually volunteer to take your kids to Chuck-E-Cheese. (If anyone reading this loves Chuck-E-Cheese and is offended in any way, I apologize).
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh Meighan, I've been sick this past week too and it's miserable when you're stuck at home. At least your chuckee cheeses is probably better than Orems's!! But it still is fun seeing the kids entertaining themselves. I wish we could have gone with you!
Tyler didn't leave that comment...sorry it's me Cheryl.
You are so funny! I am glad you were able to enjoy yourself though. I can so relate to the feeling of kids watching TV and glued to one spot. It hurts your heart and eats at you.
I sure love you guys. I hope you are feeling better. Hopefully this yucky cold weather goes away early this year.
Love ya!
So funny. So good to know that I'm not the only one with kids that cry and act so extremely ungrateful at times that it is mind-blowing. But we love 'em.
Chuck. E. Cheese is the devils lair! I hate that place. The kids LOVE it of coarse. I make Jake take them.
Oye! Amen! Chuckies is for the birds! I feel SO overstimulated by the time I leave no wonder the kids love it! LOL!
I am sorry you have been sick! Glad you are feeling better!
Meighan where have you disappeared to? no new blog posts in a while :) Hey I met your sister last Sunday at church. she's so cute and nice! And her little boy is adorable!
Post a Comment